Many phrases in Fusion Ticket are interchangeable or sound like other phrases, sometimes similar sometimes not. To avoid confusion here is a list of words/phrases and their meaning.
- Admin: The admin is the person responsible for the maintenance of the program.
- Box Office: Also known as Point of Sale (pos).
- Category: The prices of seats at an event are the categories. If the seats in the front cost more than the seats in the back, you will have two categories (prices).
- Control: The Ticket Taker controls the entrance to the event. Control describes the methods of accepting tickets.
- Installation: In addition to its obvious meaning, it also refers to separate instances of Fusion Ticket on the same server. For example, you may install Fusion Ticket into more than one directory, each with its own database or sharing one database, for a variety of reasons.
- Merchant: see Owner
- Nickname: Nicknames sometimes refer to user id or login. Sometimes a nickname is just a nickname. Nobody said this would be easy.
- Online shop: The interface where patrons purchase online (www)
- Organizers: Responsible for certain events and have limited access to admin. Will be expanded in B6.
- Owner: The person, group, or company responsible for the entire ticket program is the Owner. While the owner may represent more than one venue, or event there can be only one Owner per installation. see Merchant
- POS: ‘Point Of Sale’ is also referred to as the 'Box Office'.
- Patron: The person buying the ticket(s), sometimes called guest, client, customer, etc… In the online shop (www), the user and the patron are the same person.
- Reemit: To re-emit a ticket or re-issue. A ticket may be canceled and re-emitted or re-issued with a new unique barcode.
- Seat charts: A seat chart represents a room or rooms within a venue. A multiplex theater (venue) with 10 screening rooms would require 10 seat charts.
- Seat chart parts: The assignable seats within the different rooms are the seat chart parts. When the seating is un-assigned, i.e. open seating, there are no seat chart parts.
- Template: There are three types of templates in Fusion Ticket. Two are found in the Admin section; Email, and Html2Pdf; these are reasonably easy to customize. The Third is a *.tpl file and requires a bit more expertise to change.
- User: The user is the person operating fusion ticket. In Box Office (pos), the person inputting the order is the user and the person requesting the tickets is the patron. In the online shop (www), the user and the patron are the same person.
- Venue: All events take place in a venue whether the venue is a theater, a banquet hall, or an open field.
- Zone: A zone is a section of a room. For example, if you have a section for disabled patrons only and a section for general seating, separate them into zones.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this wiki is licensed under the following license: CC Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported