Table of Contents
Payment and Shipment Options
This section describes the different methods of accepting payment and delivering tickets using Fusion Ticket.
At the entrance
Cash, Check or Money Order. Not usually recommended for the webshop but can be used there if you choose.
This section describes how to configure Fusion Ticket to use PayPal. Specifically, we present the ’e-Ticket’ configuration (a.k.a. ’print at home’): patron orders tickets, pays via PayPal, and then receives tickets by email in a PDF file. Tickets are sent automatically and only when payment is confirmed by PayPal.
To use this payment mode you first need a PayPal account. If you want to make free tests with your installation, you also need the PayPal developer account.
Go to the admin interface, ’Order Handling’ page and add a new handling.
- Choose ’PayPal’ as the payment mode and choose ’Email’ as the shipment mode.
- In Sale mode check ’www’ checkbox
- If you want, you can specify a fee.
- Specify the template for the receipt (mandatory).
- Leave ’Email template for order’ and ’Email template for shipment’ empty.
- In ’Email template for payment’ specify a template that sends tickets, for example 'Tickets_Attached'.
- Click ’Save’.
On the next screen, you have to edit specific PayPal parameters.
- HTML Template for explanations: Instruction for the checkout confirm page. ie. “Press the 'Pay' button to continue to PayPal.”
- PayPal account: Type your PayPal account id - the primary email that identifies your account. DO NOT USE THE ACCOUNT ID NUMBER. Only your PayPal email address will work.
- The ’PayPal URL’ default is the main PayPal URL; change it if you want to test your install in PayPal sandbox.
- Click on ’Save’
The PayPal setup is complete.
You have two options to test your installation:
1. Use PayPal Sandbox. This option is 100% free, but requires somewhat complex setup: signup to PayPal developer connection, create two test accounts in sandbox etc.
2. Use real PayPal server to test. This is easier to set up but costs money: you make real transfers. You also need two accounts: one for the shop and one for the ’buyer’. To minimize the cost you can create a test event with $0.01 tickets. This method is also more reliable, because you use the same server and PayPal id that your clients will use.
To test PayPal go to online shop and order tickets.
Place an order and choose ’PayPal/Email’ as order handling, then click on ’Order’.
On the next page click the PayPal button and use PayPal to pay for the order.
A few moments after your payment is complete, you will receive the email with tickets.
Custom payment methods (eph's) can be designed especially for your organization. Please contact Niels or CJ for pricing.