Points of Sale, also called Box Offices, are for processing ticket purchases for patrons when the internet is not an option for them.
There may be many box offices of varied type and location. They may include:
- Mail orders: The box office receives the order by mail, phone, or fax; processes the payment and shipment is either email, postal service, or At the entrance (selectable options in admin section).
- The Venue: The venue offers to sell tickets to your event. The venue accepts the payment for the organization and prints tickets, at their location, and hand delivers to the patron.
- Individuals: Members of your organization may accept payments and deliver tickets through the box office.
The box office processes and ships, or prints, from the internet; therefore, all information is accurate and up to date. We recommend each person with box office access have individual usernames and passwords; this maintains the integrity of the system and tracks all purchases and shipments.
The box office may be setup for offline use.
When processing a POS order, fill in the data from top to bottom. First select an event, then category, discount and quantity of seats. Repeat for other events or categories.
When ticket section has been completed, continue with the Personal Information' section. There are three possible users at this point:
- None: this will register the tickets as POS-user that is logged in
- New user: Fill all fields with the users info. Almost all fields are required! You can bypass some fields by adding a 'space' in it. The email needs to be unique, so it's advisable to use something like [firstname].[lastname]@mydummydomain.org. Remember that, depending settings and selections, mails can be send to that mail address…
- Existing user: search for an existing user by filling in two fields. Then select the user from the displayed results
And finally, select the payment type. The payment types can differ from the webshop payment types. Both need to be set in the admin section.
Click Order to finalize the reservation, or cancel to clear the form for a new customer.