Table of Contents
Shop, sometimes referred to as 'the web interface' where the patron (customer) is the user.
Often referred to as On-line shop, Box Office, or (www), this module is the heart of Fusion Ticket. Here, the user can order tickets, reserve seats, pay for them, and arrange delivery. If using PayPal or authorize.net for payment, and email for delivery, the organizer's only task is to collect tickets at the event.
This is the starting page of the program. It lists the next 3 published events and their descriptions.
Information on this page includes:
- Event image (if uploaded)
- Event type icon:
- Event name
- Date, time, and location
- Event short text description.
Clicking on the event image or name will take the user to the shop page where they can view more information and/or order tickets.
Calendar of Events
The calendar page is a condensed lists all future published events, separated by month.
It consists of the type icon:
The event name, date & time, and location.
Clicking on an event will take the user to the shop page where they can order tickets.
The Program page lists all published events, past and future, in a poster format.
Each event consists of the event image, event name, event short text description, date & time.
Users can click on an event for more information but the order option, on the shop page, is not available for past events.
A user may browse the ticket process but must provide their shipping information at some point prior to checkout. The level at which a user may reserve seats or make a purchase is determined by the administrator in the configuration section of the admin module.
There are 2 ways to shop; as a member or as a guest.
An Activated Member is a registered user who has filled in the registration form, received an activation email, and activated their account using the email.
While this may require a few extra minutes of the users time it has many advantages.
- Member information is saved and they do not have to repeatedly fill in forms.
- Members can easily change their information as needed
- Members can view past orders and process reserved orders at their convenience.
A New Member is a user who has not yet registered but can make their first purchase prior to activation.
If a user does not wish to register they may purchase tickets as a guest. They fill in a guest form, which is similar to a registration form, and proceed to the checkout page.
This mode does not require activation.
Arriving at the order page the user sees the same information as on the 'Upcoming Events' page with the addition of the event long text description.
Seating Sections and Prices
If the event has tickets for sale a menu will display below the event. This menu is a description of sections available and the price of the seats in that section. If tickets are no longer available for a certain section ”(sold out)” will display.
Select a Seating Section
Below the price menu the patron can choose the desired section If the section is “open seating” they can choose the quantity of tickets desired and continue to either the discount page or shopping cart; otherwise, they will continue to the reserve seating page.
Alternately, if the event has assigned seating, you have uploaded a map of the venue, and you have supplied the category data, a map will display. The patron mouses over the section they desire and on-click will continue to the seat reserve page.
For more information on category data see: Seating Maps - How to
When an event has assigned seating the patron continues to this page. At this point they must either log in or register.
Depending on how you set up your seat chart parts this page will display the available seats in a check-box pattern.
Adjoining sections will be grayed out with sold seats a solid red box and available seats a solid green. The section the patron has chosen will be open white boxes outlined in green and sold seats a solid red. The patron chooses a seat by placing a check in a white box and clicking on 'Reserve' at the bottom of the page.
If discounts are available this page is next. Any patron can choose any discount listed on this page; so, use them carefully.
The patron can now review any ticket orders reserved up to this point. The shopping cart block on the right will now also have a recap of their order.
The patron reviews the order, verifies the event, quantities, discounts (if available), and total price.
The last column displays how much time is left before the reservation expires and gives the option to remove individual orders if incorrect.
If the order is correct they may 'Order more tickets' or continue to 'Checkout'.
- If the order is for reserved seating the patron has already logged in and will be directed to the 'Checkout' page.
- If the order is for open seating, and the patron has not logged in, they will be directed to the sign up page to enter their name and shipping information and then proceed to the 'Checkout' page as a guest.
- Confirm order
- Verify personal information
- Choose payment and shipment option
After the the payment and shipment method is chosen the patron arrives at this page. A message is displayed verifying the order was placed and instructions to proceed.
- The email template chosen in Order Handling>'Email Template for order' is generated and sent to patron.
- The instructions for payment in Order Handling>'HTML Template for explanations' are displayed.
- The patron is instructed to click the PayPal button and proceeds to the secured PayPal site.
- After successfully submitting the payment, PayPal returns the patron to the 'Transaction Complete' page.
- PayPal provides a confirmation number to Fusion Ticket which generates the email template specified in Order handling>'Email Template for payment'.
- Fusion Ticket marks the order paid and shipped.
The patron may now log off or order more tickets.
All other Order Handling's must be completed manually by the Admin.
The personal page is where Registered Members can view and edit their account. Guests may view their own personal details, during an individual, logged in session, but they can not edit.
Registered members may edit their
- Shipping information
- Email address